I recently worked on a project that involved handling files with SharePoint and Dynamics 365 CRM. While all the scenarios are connected, it took me a few days to get the output I desired, so I decided to do a little safe-keeping by blogging it.
- Stop default SharePoint Document Location creation in Dynamics 365 CRM and create a custom document location
- Upload Files into Dynamics 365 CRM using the File Data Type
- File uploaded in No 2. should be created in the SharePoint Folder for the associated record and also linked to the associated Document Location.
Stop default SharePoint Document Location creation in Dynamics 365 CRM and create a custom document location
- Step 1:
- Step 2: I filtered the rows to return using the Odata query.
name eq 'Documents on Default Site 1' and _regardingobjectid_value eq null and relativeurl eq 'opportunity'Note: The "relativeurl" changes depending on the entity and a "Documents on Default Site 1" has been created for the opportunity as a Document Location in Dynamics CRM
- Step 4: I used an "OData.Id" from Step 3.
- Final Result: